A native German speaker educated, among others, in England, France and Sweden, I am a genuinely cosmopolitan person. I obtained my near-native fluency as the result of living in England for six years, between the ages of 16 and 25. An exceptional linguist, I have gained a solid background in political and legal systems during my Bachelor's degree in Contemporary Europe at the University of Southampton, my Erasmus year at the Lille Institute of Political Studies and my Master's degree in Peace and Conflict Studies at the University of Innsbruck.
I developed my translation skills as a translator for the international law firm Bird & Bird, where I translated a variety of legal documents from German into English and vice versa. I have carried out work for clients in the life sciences, automotive and telecommunications sector, and therefore have a good technical understanding.
I am a Member of the German Association of Freelance Translators and Interpreters (DVÜD). Please click on this link to visit my profile: http://sprachdienstleister.dvud.de/project/inga-glanzer/
- German to English translation
- English to German translation
- Pre-translation file preparation: mirror image formatting, continuous formatting, translation of graphics
- Legal texts: Intellectual Property Law, Patent Law, Law of Business Organizations, Employment Law, Export Law...
- Industries: electrical engineering, medical technology, IT, life sciences, electronics, automation...
- Types of texts: expert opinions, briefs, judgments, warning letters, employment contracts, patent claims, patent specifications, nullity actions, statements of complaint, statements of grounds for appeal, replies, rejoinders...
- Further services: proofreading, editing, bilingual revision, glossaries/terminology management, research in German, English, French
Please contact me for a no-obligation quote! I would be pleased to talk to you.